CRA Vote-By-Mail Ballot Application

Vote-by-Mail Ballot Application

Only the registered voter himself or herself may apply for a vote-by-mail ballot.  An application for a vote-by-mail ballot made by a person other than the registered voter is a criminal offense.  

This application must be received by the county elections official not later than 5 p.m. seven (7) days prior to the date of the election.  If your mailing address is outside of the United States, use the Federal Post Card Application at (Link opens in a new tab.)

A ballot will not be sent to you if this application is incomplete or inaccurate.

Individuals/Organizations/Groups Distributing this Application

Anyone distributing this application may not complete any entries on behalf of the registered voter.

If you prefer to complete the process by mail, please download the PDF application here(Link opens in a new tab.)

* = Required Field

Voter Information

Residence Address

Mailing Address for Ballot

If your mailing address is outside of the United States, use the Federal Post Card Application at

Additional Information

Is this application for a Presidential Primary Election?
Presidential Primary Election Ballot Selection

For information as to which, if any, qualified political parties will allow voters who have declined to disclose a preference for a political party (formerly known as "decline-to-state" voters) to vote the ballot of that political party, contact the Secretary of State at (800) 345-8683 or visit

Do you want to become a permanent vote-by-mail voter?

Electronic Signature

By submitting this form, I certify under penalty of perjury that this information is true and correct. I have not applied, nor do I intend to apply, for a Vote-by-Mail ballot from any other jurisdiction for this election. I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the name, address and information I have provided are true and correct. Warning: Perjury is a felony, punishable by imprisonment in State prison for up to four years. (Penal Code Sec. 126).